The Institute of Marine Engineering is organizing the Sixth International Symposium on Marine Propulsors (SMP’19), the sixth in a series of international symposiums, dedicated to hydrodynamics of all types of marine propulsors.
SMP’19 provides a forum to present state-of-the-art research and studies on existing marine propulsors as well as a platform for the introduction of new types of propulsors. Special attention is given to the dynamics of propulsors. Environmental issues are addressed introducing topics on green propulsion and hydrodynamic aspects of renewable energy devices.
Symposium topics include:
- Pods and thrusters
- Unconventional propulsors (Surface piercing propellers, rim drives, …)
- Noise and vibration
- Green propulsion
- Numerical methods in propulsion
- Dynamic positioning
- Propulsor dynamics
- Propulsor-ice interaction
- Propulsion in seaways
- Propulsion in off-design conditions
- Renewable energy rotating devices