The goal of the day is to strengthen R&I to stimulate the development of circularity in the Blue economy.The event is inspired by Italy's participation in the “Summit Les Deux Rives” (Marsiglia 24 Giugno 2019), an initiative that was born to relaunch the cooperation between the northern shore and the southern shore of the Western Mediterranean, giving voice to civil society, focusing on the elements that merge and elaborate a real and concrete proactivity, which can become projects in a very short time; in this context, the theme entrusted to Italy is "sustainability and the environment: circularity in the blue economy". In order to ensure an alignment between Policy, Research and Industry, the presence of the National Technological Cluster on Blue Italian Growth, as a hub of connection between the world of research, industry and government, and of the Bluemed Initiative for promoting the blue economy in the Mediterranean Basin through cooperation, will be essential ingredients.
- Enrico Granara, Plen Ministry for the Mediterranean sea
- Dagmar Schmidt Tartagli, Swiss Embassy in Italy
- Roberto Cimino, ENI and President of the Technology Cluster BIG
- Emilio Fortunato Campana, CNR and BIG
- Fabio Trincardi, CNR and Bluemed
- Denis Douveneau, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, France